Sad to see the Spam

General Fantasy Fest discussions. This topic is open all registered users and all are welcome to ask questions or share your plans and experiences for this year FF.
travelino
Fantasy Fest Vet

Sad to see the Spam

Post by travelino »

I look at our site periodically to see if there is anything new, but all I see lately is spam. Sad to see that they have targeted our site so much. In the past, this wasn't as much as I see now, plus a very quiet board compared to years past. Hopefully someone will have something new to add, or new information about what might be going on in Key West with regard to this year's Fantasy Fest. Heck, I could even start up one of my old rumors from years ago, but then that may be worse than spam.
0 x
Ross N Debbie
Frisky

Re: Sad to see the Spam

Post by Ross N Debbie »

Yes it is a bit concerning as new people may find our site and then when they see all the spam on here, they may not post at all which could end up meaning that they never really get involved in the group. Hopefully something can be done to change this or to get the spam off the site quickly.
0 x
Ross & Debbie
From beautiful downtown Key West!!
Friar Fuk & Nun4U
Administrator

Post by Friar Fuk & Nun4U »

I agree and I try and check in periodically get rid of it but its been a real pain lately. Bear with me as I seem to be the only admin who checks in regularly .. and it all gets taken care of when I do see it.

There are also a few weirdos that just seem to like to reply with nonsense too … not sure what kicks they get out of that .. if I see that I try and warn or ban them too as appropriate but that's harder to catch and usually pretty benign (and sometimes amusing). If you see any that I miss after its been on for a week or three let me know via PM and I'll get on it but I cant check in all the time like Ef used to do

I'll try and get around to making the 2019 forum topic categories soon ...
1 x
Bob & Fran
The Holy HellRaisers
Where are we going? And why are we in this handbasket?
Ross N Debbie
Frisky

Post by Ross N Debbie »

Thanks as always Bob! Yeah, there have a been a couple of "people" on lately who have been leaving some really strange posts. You can't tell if they are real people posting some off the wall posts/comments or if they are spammers. :chee1 :hi5 :2up
1 x
Ross & Debbie
From beautiful downtown Key West!!
Friar Fuk & Nun4U
Administrator

Post by Friar Fuk & Nun4U »

Hi Guys glad to see someone is watching the Forums … and not just Facebook
I made the new topics for 2019 but have not archived this one quite yet since its been active .. I'll do that soon
Hope you are still loving it in KW .. we have our house locked in for 2019 but no clue how much the new owner will raise the rent .. the management company says probably not much but we have yet to get the official word .. fingers crossed
2 x
Bob & Fran
The Holy HellRaisers
Where are we going? And why are we in this handbasket?
travelino
Fantasy Fest Vet

Post by travelino »

Hi Bob,
Good to hear you will have your house again this year. Wish you and Fran well.
Frank and Joanne
1 x