Free Duval Loop Shuttle

General Fantasy Fest discussions. This topic is open all registered users and all are welcome to ask questions or share your plans and experiences for this year FF.
travelino
Fantasy Fest Vet

Free Duval Loop Shuttle

Post by travelino »

IN case you are not aware of it, the City bus system has a free shuttle called the Duval Loop. They started it last year, but only ran it every day during their winter season and for last year's Fantasy Fest, it was only available on weekends.

I just looked at their web page and now it appears it runs everyday year round. That can be good news for some of you that want to get from one end of Duval to the other without walking each and every time.

Here is the website to check it out: kwtransit.com
Follow links for the Duval loop and click on the map. It is a real time map, showing where in the loop each bus is as well as where the stops are.

The shuttles have two buses running and they run every 30 minutes in the morning till 11am and then from 11am to midnight, they run every 15 minutes. Not bad at all.

Last year, the route was modified during Goombay festival, because of the road being blocked on Whitehead. Oh, basically, the route is up Whitehead street, to near the Southernmost and then down Symington, around to the parking garage and then across on Caroline. I would check to see if there are any route changes during Goombay and Fantasy Fest. Real time location of the bus is great to have.
2 x
Friar Fuk & Nun4U
Administrator

Re: Free Duval Loop Shuttle

Post by Friar Fuk & Nun4U »

Great Post Frank!

We used it a lot last year and were lucky it stopped just a half block from our house! It was only running weekends last year (Thurs - Sun I think) so its great to hear the bus will be running every day now ... but the Midnight cutoff is a bit early for a lot of us hearty FF revelers.

There was a lot of changing route modifications on Both ends of Duval last year during FF depending on events, street closures etc. but it always ran close to the route, often running up to Front St. instead of Caroline. When it didn't run down Caroline it stopped on Whitehead and Caroline or maybe Whitehead and Greene depending on the driver.
0 x
Bob & Fran
The Holy HellRaisers
Where are we going? And why are we in this handbasket?
travelino
Fantasy Fest Vet

Post by travelino »

Bob, I don't remember if they had live view of where the bus was on the route last year, but now they do and that is a handy feature to show where it actually is in real time. Hopefully they will post where if any, the route is modified. But you can also see where the bus is, so it can help to determine if it's on the street you expected. I was checking it out last night, and one of the buses had deviated from the outlined route by one block, down by the Southernmost, so it does sound like they do changes other than FF and possibly the driver makes some of those decisions too.

Since it stops running at midnight, you have the luxury of walking back to your place naked, late at night.
1 x
itsourcrazylife
Administrator

Post by itsourcrazylife »

I don't think they did have live view last year, but I saw it in action last weekend and it is nice.
0 x
John & MJ
http://www.itsourcrazylife.com
itsourcrazylife1@yahoo.com
No matter what they say I've done; I ain't never had too much fun.