New features of the forums

Chat about anything you like here... hello, how are you? whats new? Check this out...
Efrain
Administrator

New features of the forums

Post by Efrain »

The main big feature is that to add pictures on a post all you have to do is drag & drop the picture to the message box and the forum will add the picture to your post automatically. No longer do you have to go to attachments and manually search and upload it. Just drag & drop it. Easy peazy.

the "Likes" have been replaced by a very cute heart. so fellow members can love your post now.

The forum is now mobile friendly, so it will look good in a cell phone as well as an Ipad or tablet.

Easier to see when you got any private messages or notifications, the icon on the navigation bar will tell you that you have a message waiting for you.

Frontpage of the site is under construction so if you click the home button you won't see anything until i finish the new design.

Let me know of any problems you might encounter with the new theme.
6 x
travelino
Fantasy Fest Vet

Re: new features of the forums

Post by travelino »

Efrain,
Is there a way you can add a section where we can post videos, like MP4, similar to the photo album section, where people can go and see posted videos.

I know last year, I had some samples with my low light camera that you were able to post on Vimeo and then had a link to it on the forum. What I think would be great and encourage others to post, is to have the video on this site, so its only accessible by members and we can directly upload our own.

Then folks can search the "video" section to find them. And I have a longer one from the ABC contest, but I think that is way too long for the Vimeo thing, plus the idea would be to upload higher quality video for folks to enjoy.

I have some clips from last years parade and that is why I thought about this. I think the idea would be to upload larger clips. In the case of the parade clips I have about 5 or more minutes of the highlights.
2 x
Efrain
Administrator

Re: new features of the forums

Post by Efrain »

Frank, I have research that multiple times and it's not a good idea to post videos on this server. Videos take a huge amount of storage and it takes a lot of bandwidth to be viewed. That is why all experts advise to upload videos to services like youtube, vimeo, vid.me(the one we use), etc. For us to offer video upload service we would need to have a dedicated server and pay for the bandwidth, which would run in the hundreds to thousands a month. So it is not worth it for us to offer video service. Vid.me lets you upload videos up to 1gb if you register with them, registration is free.
I have setup a code to embed the videos from vid.me here on the forums.

Code: Select all

[vidme][/vidme]
just add the vid.me video id between the brackets. For example if the vid.me url is

https://vid.me/Z9bP
just copy the Z9bP between the vidme tags

[vidme]Z9bP[/vidme]
and you will get this when you submit your post.
[vidme]Z9bP[/vidme]
1 x
Having sex doggy style is like driving in fog at night. If you're not careful, you'll fuck up someone's rear end

I have come to realize that lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting...HOLY SHIT....WHAT A RIDE !
alvinjamaica
Administrator

Re: New features of the forums

Post by alvinjamaica »

Awesome Ef! Thnaks!
1 x
If you show them they will cum!
itsourcrazylife
Administrator

Re: New features of the forums

Post by itsourcrazylife »

I learned something new!!
2 x
John & MJ
http://www.itsourcrazylife.com
itsourcrazylife1@yahoo.com
No matter what they say I've done; I ain't never had too much fun.